Accelerated BSN Program Admissions Overview
While you don’t need prior health care experience to apply to our Accelerated BSN program, you do need a non-nursing college education to begin the admissions process.
The ABSN program gives you credit for what you’ve already accomplished as an undergraduate, enabling you to jump right into professional nursing study on the first day of class. Admissions requirements may include a non-nursing bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or a minimum of 60 non-nursing college credits. However, admissions requirements vary by location, so it’s important to talk to one of our qualified admissions counselors to ensure you fulfill all the needed requirements.
Admissions Requirements by Location
|Second-Degree Students||Transfer Students|
|Required Education||Non-nursing bachelor’s degree||A minimum of 60 non-nursing college credits|
|Site Location||Sun City, AZ||Tucson, AZ|
Salt Lake City, UT
Las Vegas, NV
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 credit hours completed
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher in the ABSN prerequisite courses
- Complete the HESI A2 entrance exam within the specified requirements:
- 80% in Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary
- 80% in Math
- 75% in Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pass a Grand Canyon University background check. The background check expires after six months from date ordered. Your admissions counselor can advise you when to complete this step.
- Obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card
As a prospective ABSN student, you’ll work closely with an assigned ABSN counselor whose job is to support you throughout the admissions process, from your initial inquiry to the first day of class. They’ll help you review the requirements needed to begin your ABSN program on one of our three start dates in May, September or January.
We accept applications on a rolling basis, reviewing them upon receipt. Therefore, you can expect an admissions decision from us within a few weeks of applying to the program.
Contact us to learn more about the Accelerated BSN admissions process.