Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
If you have a non-nursing college education, our accelerated nursing program in Arizona makes it possible to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) in as few as 16 months*.
We also get you started on your degree as soon as you’re ready, with ABSN program locations in Sun City (near Phoenix) and Tucson that enroll students three times a year.
As an ABSN student, you can expect a rigorous curriculum that requires your full-time commitment over four semesters. But don’t worry, our faculty and staff will guide and support you every step of the way.
How Our ABSN Program Works
No matter your previous field of undergraduate study, our Accelerated BSN program builds on this education so you can quickly transition into the nursing profession.
Our fast-paced ABSN curriculum follows a logical, effective sequence of coursework, labs and clinical practice over a 16-month* time span. The program is rigorous, requiring dedication, commitment and strong time management skills.
- Online accelerated nursing courses give you the flexibility to learn the basics of the profession when it best fits into your daily schedule. Instructor deadlines still apply.
- Nursing skills labs at our facility provide a contextual environment for you to learn and practice the safe, effective application of core clinical skills.
- Our Immersive Simulation experiences develop your critical thinking and clinical judgment via realistic patient care scenarios that require you to think on your feet and count towards your total clinical hours.
- Clinical rotations in top health care facilities provide real-world patient care experience in diverse areas of practice.
Upon your completion of the Accelerated BSN program, you’ll be prepared to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®) with confidence and enter the profession as a practice-ready nurse.
Accelerated BSN Program Goals
Our Accelerated BSN program takes an interdisciplinary approach to nursing education, with the goal of graduating competent, compassionate leaders who live with purpose and serve with integrity.
As a graduate of our ABSN program, you’ll enter the workforce as a/an:
- Global citizen who embraces the differences of others and bears personal responsibility for the welfare of society as a whole.
- Critical thinker who asks questions and pursues knowledge to quickly solve problems.
- Effective communicator who understands how verbal and written communication impacts others intellectually and emotionally.
- Responsible leader who is committed to living and leading in ways that bear a transformative influence on individuals, families and entire communities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an ABSN program?
It’s an accelerated nursing program for individuals who have a non-nursing college education and want to transition into the nursing profession as soon as possible.
How long is the ABSN program?
Our accelerated nursing program makes it possible for eligible students to earn a quality BSN in as few as 16 months*.
When do classes start?
Our ABSN program has three start dates a year per learning site. Classes begin every May, August and January.
Where is the program offered?
Our ABSN program has enrollment locations in Sun City and Tucson, Arizona. These satellite facilities are separate from the main Grand Canyon University campus in Phoenix.
What degree is an ABSN?
Students who graduate from an ABSN program earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing—the same degree granted by a traditional BSN program. Essentially, an ABSN program is an accelerated education path for students who have completed undergraduate study in a field other than nursing.
Ready to set your nursing education in motion? Contact us today about our accelerated nursing program in Arizona. For more information on Grand Canyon University visit our website and discover what it means to be part of the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions.
For more information on the accreditation of nursing programs and other university licensures, please visit our University Accreditation and Regulations page. Please note, not all GCU programs are available in all states and in all learning modalities. Program availability is contingent on student enrollment. Grand Canyon University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Important information is available in the University Policy Handbook. ©2021 Grand Canyon University